Monday, June 1, 2015

NYC Rhythm Convention Information.

Barry decided it was time for his fan club to have a convention in New York City. Fan Club director Alicia Galay thought that would be way to expensive. Especially with the hotels being to expensive  throughout New York City. Barry told Alicia I've been taking care of booking the hotel for the fan club  for a while now. Because of my celebrity I can get a really good deal on hotel room rates.  Gladys Pinch convention coordinator told me she's already got one thousand fans who want to come. We capped the number of fans who could attend at one thousand I looked into the Grand Hyatt New York at 109 East 42nd St. The Grand Hyatt is next door to Grand Central Station. Rooms rates are one hundred and seventy- nine dollars a night. I got the room rate lowered to one hundred and fifteen dollars a night. No matter whether it's single, double triple or quadruple occupancy.  That's a savings of sixty-four dollars per night. The fan club has one thousand fans already. They gave ne the list so I could get the correct number of rooms needed for the convention. Then I also took care of the formal sit down dinner which will take place on Wednesday June 17th. Wednesday June 17th is the taping of PBS' Great Performances at the Metropolitan Opera House which all convention goers will attend. After Wednesday nights show the BMFC is having a birthday party for me in one of the ballrooms at the Grand Hyatt Hotel. I hear their having both chocolate cake and yellow cake with vanilla ice cream. Someone said the one of the cakes was shaped like a grand piano. Thursday afternoon I'm doing a seminar with Adrienne Anderson, Enoch Anderson, Jack Feldman, Marty Panzer and Bruce Sussman. The seminar will be on songwriting for Broadway, big band, jazz and pop music. Thursday dinner is Italian Buffet . Then the convention goers and I are going to the Palace Theatre for a performance of 15 Minutes. Friday night they get to see the Manilow Music Project Benefit that was at Carnegie Hall June 14th. Then Saturday June 20th I'm doing a fan club members only concert.  It will be an outdoor concert at Central Park's Delacorte Theatre. The Delacorte Theatre seats one thousand eight hundred people. I'm opening the concert up seven hundred and seventy more fan club members who didn't get to come to the fan club convention. The other thirty  seats are for fan club staff who will helping with the convention. Also a few of my friends are coming too. Since this concert is going to be a fan concert. I'm doing songs the fan club members want to hear.  There will be a special spot on my Facebook page where all  one thousand seven hundred and seventy concert goers can leave the song they want to here that night. On Saturday afternoon me the band and backup singers will rehearse the selections the fan club members picked. Then on Sunday June 21st is the "Brunch with Barry." I'm coming to the brunch to eat with all the convention goers. Then after brunch I'm doing a two hour Q&A.

No comments:

Post a Comment