Thursday, February 11, 2016

At Least It's Not Me

Carly heard through the grape vine that Brian Murphy was pissed major. She heard Brian was back in the states for a few shows before the Grammy Awards next month. Her friend Katie from Facebook messaged her about this Brian Murphy fan. Katie who was at Brian's show last night mentioned a fan was sitting in the front row take photo after photo. About a half hour into the show Brian pointed at her and told to put away her camera and stop photographing him. Or else if she didn't he was going to have her camera taken away. This fan has been to everyone of Brian's concerts since he went back on the road. She went over to Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, China and Japan. Saw all of his show from front row dead center. No wonder Brian was pissed if he could see her photographing him at every show. Carly asked Katie was this the fan who posted the long write up with photos on Facebook.? Carly saw the fans write up with photos over on Facebook. Of course said Katie. Now Barry saw her at his June twelfth Philadelphia concert said Carly. She was sitting down in the front row dead center. All she did at the concert was continually take photos of Barry. Barry told me all about her. The day after the concert Barry went to the BMIFC message board where he saw her post with photos. In her write up she told fans that Barry was very arrogant and not photogenic. Boy did she get lambasted by the fans who post over there. They let her know that Barry is very photogenic and "Sexilicious". Also that he's not arrogant. But a real sweetheart of a guy. They don't call Barry Manilow the friendliest celebrity on the planet for nothing. Then Carly saw a post from some fan wondering what was on Barry Manilow's bucket list. Hum thought Carly.  She knew Barry wanted to do a Smithsonian Journeys trip. He wanted to do either the Great Lakes Cruise or A Voyage from New England to Montreal. Eight years ago Bruce and Rob got Barry a subscription to National Geographic magazine. Every since then they've renewed his subscription to the magazine. Three years ago my sister and her husband gave Barry subscription to Smithsonian magazine. I'm not sure what else Barry has on his bucket list thought Carly. Just then she heard Barry say hello Carly are you down there? Yes I am said Carly. I have lunch ready said Barry. Carly went upstairs for lunch. So what's on the menu? asked Carly. Pastrami on rye with Swiss cheese, tomato and brown mustard. We are out of lettuce to put on the sandwich. Also my homemade potato salad said Barry. I'm going to put that recipe up on my Facebook page. Also my coleslaw and fried green beans recipes. I went to pick up my tuxedo for the Grammy awards. I've asked Brian Culbertson, Dave Koz and Michael Lington if they would perform with me on stage. I'm doing Avenue C at the Grammys. Go over to Facebook some fan posted a list of US cities for this coming fall said Carly. The fan also posted the day and date for each city. Then she mentioned you and your management (Marc Hulett manager) confirmed these shows.  Oh and by the way tickets go on sale at the end of next month. So you and Marc better squelch this before get out of had said Carly. Huh say what! said Barry. Now Marc and I haven't announced or confirmed any tour dates for this coming fall. I'm performing at the London Palladium this summer. June first to June seventh. Then I come back here to host the Tony Awards. After that I go back to London  where I start up again on June sixteen and go until August thirty-first. I only have two other things planed. One is to do something with you next month on your birthday March twenty-fifth. Also my Barry Manilow, Friends and Fans Asian Cruise November eighteenth thru November twenty-ninth. I have no idea where that fan came up with her list of cities and dates said Barry. I saw the list of cities and dates for the cities in my Night Song Facebook group. It was posted by one of my members said Carly. However she was not the one who originated the post. That was some other fan who posted that. Barry quickly called Marc. Hello said Marc. So what's up? Carly told me some fan in her Night Song group posted a message by another fan  mentioning cities and dates for a fall tour. In the message it also said that me and you (manager) have confirmed the dates. Tickets start going on sale at the end of March.  Now really! said Marc. I know you're talking about doing some shows in two thousand seventeen.  I'll go check Facebook to see if I can see that post said Marc. After lunch Carly went back downstairs. She went back over to Facebook to see what was going on over there. More fans were talking about the tour dates for fall. Some said they couldn't wait.  Carly put up a post on the home page of Facebook telling fans that Barry did not have any tour dates scheduled for fall. Yes I know many of you want him back on tour again. The only thing Barry has for this fall is his Barry Manilow, Friends and Fans Asian Cruise from November eighteenth to November twenty-ninth. Plus he's spending the summer in London playing the Palladium. Except for June eighth thru June fifteenth when he back here  in the US to host the Tony Awards at the Beacon Theatre on Sunday June twelfth. Barry's manager Marc Hulett knew nothing about the fall tour dates. So he's pretty steamed about it. Barry will be putting out an official statement addressing this issue soon. Barry came downstairs to check Madeline's litter box. He then came into Carly's computer room. So what's up on Facebook? he asked. Carly said That fans were still talking about the fall tour that wasn't going to happen. Oh I have a little surprise up my sleeve for later this year said Barry. Oh you do said Carly. Yeah think NYE in NYC at RCMH 5S D28 D29, D30, D31and J1. Ok New Years Eve, New York City, Radio City Music Hall, five shows December twenty-eighth, twenty-ninth, thirty, thirty-first and January first said Carly. Barry didn't say a word and just grinned.

No comments:

Post a Comment