Saturday, January 16, 2016

Barry's New Facebook Post January 16, 2016

Hi Everyone. I hope your Christmas and New Years was fantastic. Mine was super. I got some super cool Christmas presents. Garry got me a Beatles box set that I didn't have. Marc gave me a iTunes gift card. Bruce and Rob gave me subscription to National Geographic magazine. Adrienne continued my subscription to Club W. They send  wine monthly to your door. Jack gave me a gift card to The Bagel Place. Enoch got me a Starbucks gift set. Marty got me a subscription to Terra's Popcorn The Cob! Monthly Subscription. Every month I get two tins of popcorn. This month I got barbeque and garlic butter flavors. Then from Carly I got a Jo Malone gift set, Starbucks gift card,  two long sleeved shirts,  a Billy Joel hoodie, a Fitbit and tickets to see Billy Joel At Madison Square Garden on March fifteenth.  This past September my two thousand six Range Rover Sport caught on fire. Luckily I pulled the SUV off to side of the road. Shut off the engine took out my keys. Then I grabbed my iPhone and two small packages and ran like hell before it  caught on fire. I got another Range Rover but I just couldn't bring myself to keep it. I took it back to the dealer where I got it. Rob helped me take the Rover back. We went to a Hyundai dealer. But I didn't see anything I liked. So two days later while I was at Trader Joe's getting groceries. Parked in the space next to me was an Audi. The owner of the Audi came out of the store when I did. I happened to ask the guy what make his Audi was. He old me what the make was and where he got it. The next day I went to that  Audi in Brooklyn. I test drove the Audi Q5 TDI and boy did it drive great.  I decided right then and there that I would buy one. Now I'm the proud owner of a two thousand sixteen Audi Q5 TDI. Now I like color so I got it in Milsano Red Pearl Effect with Black leather interior. Now I can put my vanity license plate on my SUV. My plate reads 42 BDWAY which is short for 42nd St. and Broadway.  As  some of you may know Brian Murphy seems to love the color black. He's all about the color black unfortunately. All five of us fit nicely into the Audi Q5 TDI. That's me, Carl and the three dogs. Maggie, Max and Charlie. Now for those who don't know Maggie and Max are my black Labrador Retrievers. Charlie is Carly's Beagles. Maggie, and Charlie are  all rescue dogs from shelters. Max was training to be a seeing eye dog but he flunked out of training  On Friday December 31st. New Years Eve  I did a fan club members only New Years Eve concert at David Geffin Hall.  I had the TV camera guys there down in front. The audio guys were in the sound booth with my audio guy Ken Newman. The concert was audio and video taped for a CD/DVD combo pack.The thing was that after I toasted the new year with a fan and sang It's Just Another New Years Eve I didn't want to go home. So I asked if we had to leave John the theatre manager said no we didn't. I gave everyone fifteen minutes to go to the boys and girls rooms. Then I did one more hour on stage filled with non hits. Plus two more songs from my next album 2:00AM Paradise Café II. The CD/DVD combo pack will be coming out on April fourth.  I'm titling it Barry Manilow It's Just Another New Years Eve. Right now I'm not busy. Bud Harner has fully recovered from his surgery. So now we can go back into the studio and finish recording  my album 2:00AM Paradise Café II. We were in the middle of recording it when Bud got sick. On the album is Uncle Festive (Bud Harner drums, Marc Levine bass, John Pondel guitar, Ron Pedley  keyboards), Dave Koz and the Manhattan Transfer. I'm gearing up for summer. That's when I host the seventieth Tony Awards. The date and the venue have been changed to date June twelfth and venue Beacon Theatre. I'll start my Palladium Theatre run on Wednesday June first. Then I'll leave June ninth for New York to be there for the Tony Awards. Then I'll be back on the Palladium stage on Wednesday June fifteenth. That's also the first day of the convention in London. The BMIFC convention is from Wednesday June fifteenth to Sunday June nineteenth. Of course the fan club is having a Birthday dinner for me on Friday June seventeenth. I'll be there for dinner. I'm going to pick five lucky fans to sit at my table. Then after the show I'll be back for the Birthday party complete with cake and champagne. Sunday June nineteenth is the brunch and a Q&A afterwards. I'm coming to the brunch so there again I'll pick five other lucky fans to sit at my table. I hear Alicia Galay and the rest of the BMIFC gang have a jam packed convention full of fun.  Then in November there's my Cruising With Barry and Friends Asian cruise. The cruise goes from Friday November eighteenth to Tuesday November twenty-ninth. The cruise was open to fans only. The cruise was sold out three weeks after it was announced. We will celebrate thanksgiving while on board the ship. Thanksgiving is Thursday November twenty-fifth this year. Of course we'll have turkey and all the trimmings that day. For you vegetarians we'll have stuff for you to eat on that day too. It will be a blast. Ports of call to visit. Concerts from my friends. For those of you that wanted to go and couldn't I'm thinking of doing another cruise in 2017. You can put suggested places on my Facebook page. Like Alaska, Mexico, Caribbean, Europe. and Etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment