Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I Just Want To Be The One In Your Life

Barry knew to take things slow with Skylar. Barry had already been burned twice by two other girls he'd dated. Abigail dumped him for her college sweetheart.  Barry was about to marry Abigail when she broke off their engagement. Then Julie decided to go back to an old boyfriends. Julie sent Barry a dear Barry text message to his iPhone. Barry really liked Skylar because she just saw him as Barry not as BARRY MANILOW. He also thought Skylar had an interesting job working for Amtrak. When Skylar asked him to go with her on Amtrak to Montreal he quickly said yes. Barry couldn't believe he'd get to Skylar in action as a chief of on board services. Why Barry even got up early to get to Penn Central so he'd be there on time. Skylar told him the Adirondack left Penn Central at eight fifteen am. She also told him to be there an hour before departure. Barry took the handle of his suitcase and went out to get into the cab. Barry had asked his next door neighbors to take care of Max and Maggie his dogs while he was gone. Barry's next door  neighbors were Matthew and Samantha Robbins. Matt and Sam were newly weds. Soon Barry was at Penn Central. As he got out of the cab who does he see but Skylar. Did you take a cab to get here asked Barry. No said Skylar I live near here so I can walk to Penn Central.  Come on I'll take you to the waiting area near the track where we'll board the train. Will you take this with you asked Skylar. It's bagels and cream cheese from my favorite bagel place. I also got orange juice from there too since I don't drink coffee. Then I made a stop at Starbucks for coffee. Black with a splash of cream is the way you like it said Skylar. Yes said Barry that's how I like it. The place where I got the bagels really smears on the cream cheese for breakfast. Both bagels are cranberry oat. By nine o'clock I should be done taking care of stuff. Then I should be able to have breakfast with you said Skylar. That's fine with me said Barry. While Barry waited to board the train. He struck up a conversation with a little old lady who reminded him of his mom. The lady's name was Estelle. She asked Barry if the lady he came with was his girlfriend? Barry said not really we're just good friends for now. Estelle said well don't wait to long to make her your girlfriend. She's perfect for you said Estelle. Oh really said Barry. Yes said Estelle as she looked at Barry. You know you look familiar said Estelle. I do said Barry. Yes said Estelle. My name's Estelle Goldman so what's yours she asked. Barry said Barry Manilow. Barry Manilow said Estelle. You aren't related to Edna Manilow by any chance? asked Estelle. Yes Edna's my mom. How do you know her? asked Barry. Your mom Edna and I were friends  back in Brooklyn. We went to school together. I remember when she showed me your baby picture. Edna told me you were going to be somebody special. Soon the announcement for boarding the Adirondack was made. Barry said  that's my train. It was nice meeting you Estelle. Estelle said I was nice meeting you too Barry. Barry walked down to the platform where the train was located. He saw Skylar and asked her if there was a certain car he had to get on. Skylar pointed out the correct car that Barry was to get on. She also said remember to have your ticket out so when the conductor comes by he can take it. Ok said Barry. Barry boarded the coach car and found a seat by the window. He thought this is going to be one terrific weekend. Barry put down the folding table. That's where he put the bag with the bagels and the juice. He figured he better drink the coffee before it got cold. The conductor and car attendant came. The conductor took Barry's ticket. While the car attendant put a slip of paper with the initials for Montreal on it. On the side of the bottom of the overhead storage compartment was a slot for the slip of paper. Right at eight fifteen the train pulled out of Penn Central station to head north to  their first stop of Yonkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment